Employee engagement and patient experience are closely linked and figure prominently into Covenant Health Parkview’s pathway to excellence. During her discussion, Leslie will:
- Describe the role that the hospital’s Service Excellence Council plays in empowering staff to analyze and act on what’s working and what’s not
- Talk about aligning new hires with the hospital’s mission, values, expectations and standards from Day One through a rigorous orientation process
- Demonstrate the importance of ongoing, quarterly, mandatory Service Excellence training sessions
- Discuss the importance of hiring good people who already seem to share institutional values
- Make a case for hardwiring key processes in ways that allow people to be themselves while exhibiting behaviors and attitudes that ensure positive patient experiences
- Explore other processes the hospital has put in place to address the key drivers research uncovers
About Covenant Health
Covenant Health is the most comprehensive healthcare network serving West Texas and Eastern New Mexico, with facilities in Levelland, Lubbock and Plainview. Its service area covers 62 counties with a population of more than 1.2 million people.
About Leslie Hackett
Leslie Hackett, MAM-HA, BSN, RN is Executive Director of Nursing at Covenant Health Plainview (Texas) and is responsible for the quality of service delivered by all Nursing Service teams. In addition to leading the Quality, Radiology and Laboratory departments, she coordinates and directs the development and implementation of hospital-wide plans and programs to provide quality care, treatment and services while meeting quality metrics and maintaining the fiscal integrity of the organization. With a wide range of experience in multiple areas of hospital care, she also serves as an instructor at South Plains College, teaching prerequisites for nursing students.
Interested? Fill out the form below to view the webinar!