As part of the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP), hospices will be required to participate in the Hospice CAHPS Survey starting in 2015. PRC has been approved by CMS as a Hospice CAHPS survey vendor.
In this webcast, PRC CAHPS expert Jan Gnida addresses HQRP reporting requirements, how to initiate data collection and how to report the data.
Here is a checklist of things you need to know about the CAHPS survey these hospices must complete:
• To allow caregivers to grieve the loss of their loved ones, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) incorporated a two-month delay into the survey process. The experts and stakeholders that CMS consulted confirmed that a two-month delay in data collection would be appropriate.
• CMS requires hospices to use a certified vendor, like PRC. Neither facilities nor agencies can administer the survey on their own.
• After you select a vendor, you must notify CMS by delivering a signed and notarized paper form to the RAND Corporation no later than May 1, 2015.
• If you choose PRC, you will need to contact us no later than Jan. 31, 2015, and tell us which month of the dry run quarter–January, February or March of 2015–that you want us to conduct your survey.
• We will begin contacting caregivers whose loved ones died in January 2015 in April.
• Records from February will go to our specially trained interviewers in May.
• March marks the final month of the dry run quarter, and those interviews will begin in June and end by mid-July.
• Data will be submitted to CMS in late July and early August, ahead of the Aug. 12 deadline.
• PRC will submit only one month of your data, but you will be able to view all of the data collected on the PRC EasyView®
Questions about this webcast? Please email Jan Gnida.